How to Take Care of Your Tattoo
Follow these steps while your new tattoo heals.
- Be sure your to cover your new tattoo in a thin layer of petroleum jelly and a after care wrap.( we have after antibacterial care ointment and plastic wrap) to cover tattoo from getting skin infections
- Remove the bandage after 24-48 hours. Gently wash the tattoo with antimicrobial soap and water and be sure to pat dry.
- Apply a layer of antibacterial/Vaseline ointment twice a day, but don’t put on another bandage.
- Gently wash your tattoo area twice a day with soap and water and gently pat dry before reapplying the antibacterial/Vaseline ointment.
- Keep applying a moisturizer or ointment after you clean it to keep it moist
You should repeat this process for 2 to 4 weeks. Also try not to wear clothes that will stick to your tattoo, and avoid swimming and the sun for about 2 weeks. And take cool showers. Scalding hot water will not only hurt, but it can also fade the ink. Wear a physical blocker sunscreen with at least 7% zinc oxide sunscreen during the daylight hours and/or cover it up (with clothing, a bandage).
If your tattoo scabs a bit or develops hard layers, don’t worry. It’s normal. But never pick, scratch, or peel it. You could get an infection or remove the color. If you think your tattoo is infected, or isn’t healing properly, go see your doctor.